Index Introduction Bitcoin, conceived by Satoshi Nakamoto as digital cash for facilitating P2P payments, marked the beginning of a new era in finance, laying the groundwork for decentralized finance (DeFi). However, its design initially did not support advanced DeFi applications due to the lack of programmability. Ethereum filled this gap in July 2014, introducing deployable […]

As an investor dedicated to driving the mass adoption of Web3, we are delighted to see the partnership between two of Newman Capital’s portfolio companies – Immutable X and Polygon. This partnership will allow Immutable X to roll out their zkEVM solution through Polygon, further solidifying their commitment to providing a gamer-friendly experience for developers, as […]

[Hong Kong] – In a monumental leap towards advancing Web3 consumer mass adoption, Newman Group proudly unveils its official Web3 strategic partnership with Complex Chinese. Together, Newman Group and Complex Chinese aim to establish Asia as the preeminent hub for Web3. This collaboration marks a pivotal moment, setting the stage for an exhilarating journey at […]

Table of Contents Introduction Blockchain networks keep a decentralized ledger of transactions, verified and recorded by a network of nodes, ensuring the system’s security and transparency. As the network grows in size, the demand for computational resources to handle the increasing number of nodes and transactions also rises. This is because each transaction needs to […]

We are happy to announce that Newman Capital has invested in Openfort, a blockchain infrastructure company focused on Web3 gaming that aims to streamline crypto account management and empower programmatic transactions through robust API endpoints. Openfort’s platform allows developers to effortlessly connect their users to Web3 applications by decreasing user friction with the ultimate goal […]

The Current State Of Networks Total value locked (TVL) in the cryptocurrency space does not exist solely on the Ethereum network. As seen in Figure 1, while most TVL (59%) lies on Ethereum, the remaining 41% is spread across over 179 chains, with an increasing number in development daily. Our previous article highlighting our latest investment, Orb […]

We are delighted to announce that Newman Capital has invested in Orb Labs, a blockchain interoperability company building for an omnichain future. Founded upon the notion that current interoperable protocols are either too expensive, slow, or not secure, Orb Labs aims to solve these issues by creating gas-efficient, cross-chain solutions to scale web3 applications. Upon […]

The Ethereum 2.0 upgrade last September, nicknamed the Merge, saw Ethereum transition from Proof-Of-Work to Proof-Of-Stake. Author: Kyle, Research Analyst at Newman Capital The Ethereum 2.0 upgrade last September, nicknamed the Merge, saw Ethereum transition from Proof-Of-Work to Proof-Of-Stake. This switch saw an improvement in the scalability and sustainability of the Ethereum network – breaking it down, […]

With the ongoing boom of Layer 2s (L2s) such as Arbitrum and Optimism, we can see that the Ethereum community is eager for L2 scaling solutions. The community has more or less converged towards Rollups as the “Holy Grail” of these L2 scaling solutions – with Vitalik himself having written an entire article describing and endorsing the […]

Source: ApeCoin’s Twitter I. Recent Market Activities Over the past weekend, many discussions have been circulating around the highly anticipated Yuga Labs x Animoca Brands Otherside land sale. As the currency powering the Otherside metaverse, ApeCoin experienced high volatility leading up to the Otherdeeds mint date due to speculation around how much APE was needed to mint each […]